Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Help with your Council Tax - Council Tax Reduction

Council Tax Reduction – also known as Council Tax Support – is a reduction you may be able to get on your council tax if you're on a low income.

Read these pages to find out if you're able to get Council Tax Reduction and how much you might get.

What you need to know

Overview of Council Tax Reduction (CTR).

Second adult rebate

Second adult rebate or alternative maximum Council Tax Reduction (CTR), who qualifies for it, how the second adult's income is worked out and how much the second adult rebate is.

Prosecution and penalties

When a local authority can prosecute you or ask you to pay a penalty if you give wrong information when applying for Council Tax Reduction (CTR) or if you don't tell them about a change in your circumstances.

UAT (Release)