Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Council Tax Reduction - change of circumstance

If you're getting Council Tax Reduction, find out when you need to report things like a benefit stopping, or being away from home because you're in hospital or need to care for a sick relative.

You can also find out when you might be able to carry on getting Council Tax Reduction, even when your entitlement might otherwise have come to an end.

Reporting a change of circumstance

Change of circumstances you must notify the local authority about if you receive Council Tax Reduction (CTR).

If you’re temporarily away from home

Continuing to claim Council Tax Reduction (CTR) during a temporary absence from home.

Extended reductions

Extended reductions of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) for pensioners after entitlement would otherwise have stopped or when moving to a different area.

UAT (Release)