Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Check if you're eligible for Universal Credit

This advice applies to England

If you don’t have a postcode, enter the postcode of somewhere you’re staying, or somewhere you could pick up post. For example, you could use the postcode of a relative’s house or a hostel.


If there’s no postcode you can use, check if you can apply for homelessness help instead.

Don’t apply for Universal Credit if you have a visa that says “no recourse to public funds” or you’re subject to immigration control. It could affect your right to stay in the UK.

If you’re not sure whether you’re subject to immigration control you can contact your nearest Citizens Advice for help.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.

UAT (Release)