Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Going abroad for dental care

This advice applies to England

This information applies to England, Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland

You may be thinking about going abroad for some dental treatment.

If so, there is important information you need to know.

This includes information about:

  • the regulation of dentists in the country you want to go to
  • what you need to find out at the first consultation
  • what aftercare the dental team provides.

The General Dental Council in the UK has a leaflet that explains what you need to know before you agree to dental care abroad.

You can find this information on the General Dental Council website at

The leaflet is also available in Welsh.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.

Additional feedback

UAT (Release)