Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Who you can go to when you have a problem with an adult social care service

It’s always best to get help to make a complaint about adult social care. There are lots of organisations that can support you, and here we tell you about some of them. We also tell you who else you can go to with a complaint, for example, if you don’t feel comfortable raising concerns directly with the person who providing care services or if you’re not satisfied with how a complaint was dealt with.

Organisations that can help you make a complaint

Lists organisations that can provide advice and support if you want to make a complaint about adult social care services.

How the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman can help

Explains how to contact the Local Government Ombudsman, if you are not happy with the outcome of a complaint you've made about adult social care services.

Reporting concerns to a regulatory body

Explains how to complain to a regulatory body, if you think a healthcare practitioner is guiltly of professional misconduct. Covers time limits and what a regulatory body can and can't do.

Complaining to the Care Quality Commission

Explains the role of the Care Quality Commission in regulating hospitals, care homes and adult care services delivered in people's homes, and how to make a complaint if you are not happy with a service.

UAT (Release)