Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Who you can go to when you have a problem with the NHS

It’s always best to get help to make a complaint about the NHS. There are many organisations that can support you, and here we tell you about some of these organisations. We also tell you who else you can go to with a complaint, for example, if you don’t feel comfortable about raising concerns directly with the person who treated you or if you’re not satisfied with how a complaint was dealt with.

Organisations that can help you make a complaint

Lists organisations that can provide advice and support if you want to make a complaint about health services.

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Explains your right to ask for a review by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, if you are unhappy with the way a complaint about NHS services has been handled.

Complaining to the Care Quality Commission

Explains the role of the Care Quality Commission in regulating hospitals, care homes and adult care services delivered in people's homes, and how to make a complaint if you are not happy with a service.

Complaining to NHS England

Explains the role of NHS England and how to make a complaint about a health service.

Complaining to a clinical commissioning group

Explains what a clinical commissioning group is, which health and care services they are responsible for and how they deal with complaints about NHS services.

Reporting concerns to a regulatory body

Explains how to complain to a regulatory body, if you think a healthcare practitioner is guiltly of professional misconduct. Covers time limits and what a regulatory body can and can't do.

UAT (Release)