Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Sick or disabled people and carers

If you are sick or disabled, there are different benefits and tax credits that you may be able to claim. Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance help with care needs and getting around.

If you can't work, there is Employment and Support Allowance.

If you care for someone who is disabled, there is Carer's Allowance.

You may also be able to claim other benefits if you are on a low income.

Benefits for people who are sick or disabled

Benefits for a person who is sick or has a disability, including benefits for accidents at work and industrial diseases.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Find out how to claim Employment and Support Allowance - including eligibility, filling in the ESA1 and ESA50 forms and challenging an ESA decision.

Disability Living Allowance for children

Advice for making a Disability Living Allowance claim and help with any problems.

Personal Independence Payment

Information on eligibility for claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP), how to fill in the claim form and how to challenge a decision.

Attendance Allowance

Advice for making an Attendance Allowance claim.

Carer's Allowance

Check if you can get Carer's Allowance and how to make a claim.

Help for disabled travellers

How to apply for and use a Blue Badge, and what to do if you're refused one. How to get a Motability car or get help with transport costs.

UAT (Release)