This information applies to Scotland only
You can get information about living in a care home from Care Information Scotland.
Care Information Scotland
Helpline: 0800 011 3200 (local rate) (every day 8.00am - 10.00pm)
It includes information about:
- how to decide whether moving into a care home is the right choice for you
- paying for a care home
- the help you can get from your local council and the NHS to pay for a care home
- arranging and paying for care yourself
- finding a care home
- what to look for in a home
- living in a care home
- what to do if your care home closes.
If there is a dispute regarding the care and wellbeing of an older relative you might find it helpful to get help from a mediation service. Scottish Mediation have a specific service for helping to sort out problems of older people and care.
Age Scotland runs a helpline on 0800 12 44 222 that you can phone for advice.
Age Scotland does not provide advice at its office. People who want advice should contact the Helpline.