Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Moving home and water bills

This advice applies to Wales

You need to let your water company know when you're planning to move - and where to. Check your water company's website to find out how to do this.

If you have a water meter, give your water company at least 5 working days notice so they can arrange a final meter reading. If you don’t give them enough notice you could be charged for water that's used after you move out.

When you've moved

If you've moved to an area with a different water company, let them know - check their website to find out how to do this. You can find out which water company supplies your area and their contact details on the Consumer Council for Water website.

If you're staying with the same water company, you need to let them know your new address.

If your new home has a water meter, take a reading as soon as you move in. You can't ask for the meter to be removed.

Sewerage charges

Your sewerage might be supplied by a different company to the one that supplies your water. This means you could get a separate bill - or your water company might include sewerage charges on their bill on behalf of the sewerage company.

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.

UAT (Release)